As much as we wish we didn’t need them, established rules & guidelines are always a necessary component to any community, whether it be based on the web or not. The following are the guidelines by which we expect all participants in the Striving for Truth online community to follow. Any person(s) found not adhering to these principles will be removed from the community by suspension or banning of their account.
It’s pretty simple…
1 John 4:8 – He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
If truth is what you are striving after, and you do not first adopt an attitude of love, then there is no possible way you can know it. This is the basis for our guidelines; if you can’t discuss topics in a loving manner, without insults, harassment, abuse etc, then you do not belong here and the truth and knowledge of God is not in you. First and foremost, love first.
- Assume the best of others
- Share your knowledge & opinions
- Show kindness
- Ask for & give help
- Be a good example
- Philippians 4:8
- Use offensive language
- Harass or abuse others
- Infringe on copyrights (you can post other’s material as long as credit/sources are provided.)
- Use this site as your advertising medium
- Go crazy off topic in your discussions
- We don’t like all caps. Please make sure your caps lock button is disengaged.
Have fun, spread the word of God, and strive after truth! If you have any issues or problems related to the forums or discussion system please contact us. Thanks!